COVID-19 Next Steps for the BARB Television Audience Panel
Restarting technician visits to BARB panel homes from July
Following Government advice concerning the easing of the Covid-19 lockdown, Kantar will be restarting technician appointments from July 2020, as local guidelines permit. These visits will allow us to monitor and install new equipment and to carry out maintenance work on equipment already installed.
Your safety is our number one priority
The safety of our panel members and staff is our number one priority, so we are following Government and medical advice to make some changes to how we do things.
Firstly, existing hygiene measures for technicians will be expanded to keep both you and them safe:
• The technician will wear single-use Personal Protective Equipment (gloves, masks and shoe covers)
• All equipment brought into your home will be sanitised
• Technicians will sanitise the area they have worked in at your home before they leave
Kantar will also be monitoring all our field technicians’ health on a daily basis, via temperature readings and a questionnaire. Any technicians displaying symptoms of Covid-19 will be asked to self-isolate and get tested, and their appointments will be re-arranged.
Help us protect technicians
Please be aware that our technicians won’t be able to visit your home if anyone in the household is:
• Displaying symptoms of Covid-19
• Has been asked to practise shielding
If this is the case, we will call you to rearrange an appointment if it is still required.
On the day of an appointment, the technician will call you before arriving at your home to ensure there have been no changes to your health or that of any member of your household.
Maintain social distancing during a technician visit
We would also ask for your help in protecting both our panel members and front-line staff by following a few simple guidelines:
• Keep the area of the visit well ventilated prior to and during the appointment
• If possible, please stay in another room during the technician’s visit
• If this is not possible, please maintain social distance guidelines of 2 metres
These measures will allow us to conduct home visits and work safely in your home. We will continue to monitor the risk level and adapt and evolve our precautions if necessary.
BARB and Kantar would like to thank you for your patience and understanding throughout these difficult times.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns
If you would like to contact one of the BARB team to discuss any queries
you may have please contact the Panel Helpdesk on our freephone number
0800 018 9671 or email us at help@BARBPanel.com